I love being busy with personal projects. Lately, I have been extra lucky in that my personal projects are becoming work projects! I would love to focus on producing web content for the university full time instead of doing system maintenance. Once the new engineer is hired, I may get my wish.
I met with Herb Parker, the director of ETSU Theatre's Hamlet on Monday. We discussed our vision for the show and I explained that I only needed two things from him. He was very gracious and accommodating, so I think that we are going to work very well together. I want this to be a DVD that they can be proud of. In fact, when I say "they," I mean the student-actors as well. I'm hoping to have them over for a party the first weekend in October to discuss their thoughts on having cameras stuffed in their faces for a few months.
My podcasts are frustrating me. I have two fairly straightforward shows planned, but I am having trouble getting either prepped to shoot! My schedule has lightened some, but I think I'm going to have to start working on them after hours if I want to get them done.
One is the audio podcast that I've been planning since early summer. This is a big production and each episode is going to take a couple weeks to produce properly. It's a major time sink, so it keeps getting bumped for more immediate plans.
The one I am pushing hard to get started on is a tech help and "life hacking" show called "Trouble Shooters." It relies on student questions to provide content, but I have yet to tap into a social space that reaches a major population of the ETSU student body to drum up questions! If you have any ideas, PLEASE let me know. Soon, I am going to see if I can get a news article on the ETSU website. Everything is in place except for the beginning content. I know we could make up questions, but that is betraying trust a little, to me. I'd rather gather some genuine, interesting questions about campus life and technology for the first ep.
The last video project is one that I've wanted to do since a luncheon last year where we set the direction for the podcasting production area. I want to find some improvisational comedians/actors for a bare-stage weekly improv show. Several months worth could be shot at a time and distributed throughout the year. CJ has been trying to motivate the campus Patchwork Players or the Improv Group in the Theater Department, but, so far, interest from performers seems to be lukewarm. If I get time near the end of the semester, I will hold auditions and make my own improv group that I KNOW will have the chops to do a good show.
Finally, I received an impassioned plea to put Southernecrology's giant turtles vs rednecks classic SNAPPER back online. I've got to admit, I have missed it to. ("OW! I hit my nuts on a rock!") I am trying to find time to get it posted with the original artwork intact, so it may be Sunday, Sept. 21 before it returns to the front page!
Thanks for sticking around! As always, keep in touch, contact us or use the forum.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment