Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back Home

This is my busiest time of the year. July and August are pressure cooker days as we try to get all the technology in 16 rooms across East Tennessee working flawlessly for the next three months.

This summer's project was to build two receive video conferencing rooms at Walters State Community College's Morristown and Seviere County campuses. We had three days to do it, so the last few days were intense. Unfortunately, despite getting our work done, network problems caused us to leave before we tested the Seveire County site. That means I've got to go back in the next day or so. sigh.

This is a nice way to explain why TechBo progress is slow at the moment. I am still basking in the design of the new site, so I don't feel too bad, but I'm really wanting to get the blog posts displaying on the front page. I'll probably have time for that this weekend amidst gaming at a buddy's house and going to a bridal shower (ya, I know, it's weird for me, too.)

I'm finishing up the "Life in Dark Places" script this weekend and, hopefully, starting on the next one, "Jobe's Opera House," which will sport story credits for CJ Ferguson and Chad Fraley. It's an Edwardian murder mystery set in Johnson City, TN circa 1892(and maybe in another dimension!)

No comments: