Monday, August 25, 2008

Freedom!!

The heavy work has been done! After pushing our time and talent to the limit this summer, the eLearning crew finished on schedule and the opening day of classes went fairly well! There were some minor issues, but nothing really serious. The new support structure of Metaphore and Astrocomical is working out amazingly well! They really make a great team.

The reason for rejoicing is that after this week I get to settle into an 8 - 4:30 routine for the first time since I went full time! With the lads holding down the fort, I might just get some uninterrupted personal time! Maybe, in time, I'll even be able to live my life in something other than thirty minute chunks due to my own paranoia that a call could come at any time. Having my evenings free will give me time to do one of two things: one) waste my life away playing World of Warcraft or, more difficultly, two) give me an opportunity to commit to some projects! I'm aiming for two, but I must admit, one is always going to be a tempatation.

Look for more info on the web series. I'll hold off for the actual recording and editing to be underway before I announce anything formally, but informally, it's going to be an ensemble cast doing a series of short stories in audio format. THe first one is nearly written and the second is on deck. Number one is a monster in the dark story and number two will be a President Benjamin Harrison-era whodunit mystery set in Jobes' Opera House, Johnson City, TN, the year the Boom City died.

Can you tell that I'm excited about the whodunit? It will be strictly old fashioned, a loving tribute to Ellery Queen, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Agatha Christie movies!

Mixing the old with the ridiculously futuristic, it's just what I love to do!

Shannon,
The Ringmaster

No comments: